Applied Research Engineer, Vision Systems
At farm-ng, our mission is to support a sustainable future through applied robotics. We’re starting with a robotics hardware and software platform for farmers, big and small, and space exploration. We are working closely with some of the most innovative farmers in the world on the central coast of California who are deploying our offroad electric autonomous mobile robot - the Amiga - in their operations, while building the autonomy stack from first principles and proving it as the visual navigation solution for an upcoming NASA CLPS Moon lander. Curious how the next generation of farms and landing on the moon overlap? Join us and find out!
- Invent novel perception algorithms and robotics solutions.
- Contribute to steering the technology roadmap for space exploration, the farm robotics platform, and their shared technical foundations.
- Design and implement computer vision applications and libraries.
- PhD or MSc in Computer Vision, Robotics, Computer Science / related field, or alternatively a comparable industry career with a track record in relevant research projects.
- Strong background in Geometric Computer Vision such as SLAM, 3d reconstruction and/or sensor calibration, either using classic computer vision techniques or deep learning.
- Experience coding in c++.
- Fluent in modern c++ (c++11, c++14, c++17, c++20).
- Background in classic computer vision or graphics.
- Background in Geometric Computer Vision, such as SLAM, 3d reconstruction and/or sensor calibration.
- Experience in applying deep learning techniques on computer vision and robotics problem domain.
- Experience with computer vision / optimization libraries such as Eigen, OpenCV, Ceres, g2o, gtsam and/or Sophus.
- Experience with deep learning toolkits such as pytorch and/or tensorflow.
- Experience with continuous integration and build tools such as cmake, git, docker.
- Track record of publications at computer vision / robotics / machine learning / graphics or computational photography conferences such as ICCV, CVPR, IROS, ICRA, RSS, NeurIPS, ICCP, SIGGRAPH or similar.
Salary Range: $120,000 to $180,000 + benefits
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
To apply, send your application and resume to email@example.com