Software Engineer: Visual Navigation
At farm-ng, our mission is to support a sustainable future through applied robotics. We’re starting with a robotics hardware and software platform for farmers, big and small, and space exploration. We are working closely with some of the most innovative farmers in the world on the central coast of California who are deploying our offroad electric autonomous mobile robot - the Amiga - in their operations, while building the autonomy stack from first principles and proving it as the visual navigation solution for an upcoming NASA CLPS Moon lander. Curious how the next generation of farms and landing on the moon overlap? Join us and find out!
- Design and implement visual navigation and robotics applications and libraries.
- Design, implement and maintain simulation and hardware-in-the-loop tests.
- Contribute to novel inventions for visual navigation and control.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related field.
- Background in Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC), Computer Vision, or Graphics.
- Fluent in modern c++ (c++11, c++14, c++17, c++20).
- Experience with modern build tools such as git, cmake, and vscode.
- 3 years of industry experience.
- Experience with computer vision / optimization libraries such as Eigen, OpenCV, Ceres, g2o, gtsam and/or Sophus.
- Experience with continuous integration and cloud tooling such as github, gitlab, docker, and AWS.
- Experience with modern computer graphics such as OpenGL GLSL and/or Vulkan.
- Experience with GP GPU programming using CUDA, OpenCL or similar.
- Some experience in SW development for robotics and/or computer vision applications.
- Publications in computer vision / robotics / machine learning / graphics.
Salary Range: $120,000 to $180,000 + benefits
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
To apply, send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org