The farm-ng Brain brings supercomputer performance to the edge, in a ruggedized packaged designed for the harshest environments. The Brain contains a NVIDIA Xavier NX which has up to 21 TOPS of hardware accelerated computing power for machine learning and AI applications, and paired it with a touch-screen display designed to be outdoor-visible, creating both a user-interface and sensor hub in a single, waterproof package. This provides quick entry into the world of artificial intelligence, and a single packaged solution for developing tools and interfaces for outdoor autonomy.
Includes CANbus, USB, and GIGe ethernet bus options.
|Input power||12/24 volts (9-28vdc)|
|Power consumption||Xavier tops out at ~= 20 watts, depending on LED backlight, and wifi TX usage, total <=35 watts|
|Screen||10.1" High brightness (850cd/m2) optically bonded IPS display, 1280x800 resolution|
|Touch||Industrial capacitive touch screen controller, tunable for gloves and wet environment (Tuning requires customization). Multitouch capable|
|USB||2x USB 3.0 (Limited by MicroUSB connectors), Debug connector contains USB for firmware and serial terminal.|
|Network||1 x M12-8 X-coded with 1Gb ethernet capability. Built in WiFi.|
|CANbus||1x M12-5pin A-coded breakout, standardized industrial DeviceNet / NMEA2000 pinouts and hardware specifications.|
* The sun shroud is still undergoing DfM for cost reduction, and as such is currently not included in purchase price (- it costs hundreds of dollars to 3d print right now). We're happy to sell it or provide the design file, and thanks for your patience as we continue to refine our production methods.
|CPU||6-core 64-bit CPU, NVIDIA Carmel ARMv8.2|
|GPU||384-core NVIDIA Volta GPU|
|Memory||8 GB 128-bit LPDDR4x 59.7GB/s|
|WiFi||Integrated WiFi with OS drivers|
What's in the Box
- Brain (comes loaded with farm-ng's linux-based operating system)
- Debug cable
- Wall wart to M12 5-pin a-coded CAN/power supply
- M12 5-pin male to female straight CANbus cable, 1m
- Mounting bracket and hardware for Brain to 1 - 1.5" square steel tube or similar
- M12 8-pin X-coded to RJ45 cable - 2m